November’s informational session was on:
How the State Energy Code is Changing Construction in Hawaii and presented by Ramsey Brown.
- What’s going to happen in the future of building in regards to energy in Hawaii?
- What are the new requirements in the 2015 and 2018 energy codes, federal and state standards?
- Are there any rebates available for energy efficient structures?
- What is Hawaii Energy’s role in the energy code?
- What initiatives does Hawaii Energy have for rebates both retrofit & new construction?
|Ramsey Brown is the Resource Acquisition Manager for Hawai‘i Energy. He oversees the team of Energy Advisors responsible for helping businesses reduce their energy consumption, and save money on their electric bills, by upgrading to energy efficient equipment and operations. In addition, Ramsey reinforces the Program’s support for energy codes & standards advancement, does outreach to the local energy efficiency industry and helps to spread the word on Hawai‘i Energy’s offers through various media. In a typical day, Ramsey supports his team in removing barriers for Hawai‘i’s businesses to understand how to be more energy efficient & how to get a rebate for doing so, and he also ensures accurate data tracking and reporting for energy savings and rebates. Ramsey holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering from the California Maritime Academy.|