Daniel K. Inouye International Airport
Consolidated Rental Car Facility (HNL CONRAC)
Bowers & Kubota + Dept. of Transportation
Contracted to Weitz’s sister company, Contrack Watts, the new Consolidated Rental Car Facility (CONRAC) at Daniel K. Inouye International Airport (HNL) in Honolulu, Hawaii, will significantly increase efficiency and security to better serve rental car companies and their customers.
To construct the 1.8-million-square-foot facility, the existing car rental buildings were demolished to make way for the five-level, cast-in-place concrete structure that will provide vehicular parking areas, rental agency areas, office spaces, car wash equipment and commercial fueling stations. In total, the CONRAC will include 2,250 parking stalls compared to an existing total of 895 parking stalls. A common busing operation (consolidating all rental car busing operations) will accommodate passengers to/from the various areas of the airport to/from the CONRAC.
The new facility will consolidate all rental car companies servicing the Airport, including all on-Airport and off Airport companies. It will be located east of the existing Overseas Terminal (OST) parking garage. The CONRAC will consist of five stories, which includes ready return areas, quick turnaround areas, and customer service areas.
The 22-acre project is sequentially phased in Steps A, B and C. Step A is slated to be completed and ready for occupancy in December 2019. The entire project, which is aiming for LEED Silver certification, is estimated for completion in January 2022.
- PPE Required – Guests to bring their own PPE to include safety vests, hard hats, masks, glasses and covered shoes (steel toe shoes preferred.) A waiver will be issued and signed to guests who confirm.
- Park at Overseas terminal – Guests to meet at the Diamond Head side of the domestic terminal parking garage first floor parking area/median. Tour participants parking is on the second floor and above, park and take elevators to ground floor and walk through the garage to the site.
- COVID-19 – Groups will practice limited sizing- no more than ten each. Masks are required (see PPE, above)
- Agenda – Tour will begin at the Phase II gate currently under construction, and proceed to Phase One which was completed in March. The groups will then proceed to the offices back at the garage for additional information and a look at the City’s rail project as it arrives at the site adjacent.
4:00 pm – Tour Starts
- August 2020 Member's Meeting
August 18, 2020
4:00 pm - 5:00 pm